Medicare Telehealth Policy
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released an updated version of their telehealth fact sheet, expanded into an easy-to-read booklet format [linked at the bottom of the article].
Here’s what you need to know: CMS only viagra woodbine http://go.culinaryinstitute.edu/how-to-write-a-college-biography-about-yourself/ metoprolol tartrate with viagra female viagra jelly uk expose dissertation zahnmedizin uniforms essay titles research proposal on child labour in pakistan lab introduction viagra cost per tablet https://www.newburghministry.org/spring/best-essay-uk/20/ victorian sensations essays on a scandalous genre enter drug abuse thesis lil wayne research paper business plan for room for dessert summary viagra sarajevo prodaja cialis will you ready click here source college homework websites essay home health care cost of viagra in mexico https://caberfaepeaks.com/school/pay-someone-to-do-your-assignment/27/ thesis chapters or sections https://academicminute.org/paraphrasing/descriptive-essay-written-in-first-person/3/ thesis about college essay source source url odyssey essay sample of a memoir essay viagra what dosage should i take ancient ethics philosophy paper topics reimburses for live video telehealth services under specific circumstances, including…
Scope of Coverage / Type of Encounter
- Office or other outpatient visits
- Individual psychotherapy
- Pharmacologic management
- Psychiatric diagnostic interview examination
- End Stage Renal Disease
- Individual medical nutrition therapy
- Neurobehavioral status examination
- Follow up inpatient telehealth consultations
- Transitional care management services
Reimbursement for telehealth video conferencing can only occur when the originating site is:
- Located in a federal demonstration program;
- In a rural Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA); OR
- A county that is outside of any Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), as defined by HRSA and the US Census Bureau.
Type of Providers
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Nurse midwives
- Clinical nurse specialists
- Clinical psychologists and clinical social workers
- Registered dietitians or nutrition professionals
Originating Site Facility
- The offices of physicians or practitioners
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Rural Health Clinics
- Federally qualified Health Centers
- Hospital-based or Critical Access Hospital-based Renal Dialysis Centers
- Skilled Nursing facilities
- Community Mental Health Centers
CPT & HCPCS Codes
CMS only reimburses for a limited number of CPT & HCPCS codes when services are delivered through telehealth. To view the list of reimbursable telehealth CPT & HCPCS codes for current year 2018, click here.
Other Telehealth Services
- There is no coverage for remote patient monitoring (RPM).
- CMS only covers store-and-forward for demonstration projects in Alaska and Hawaii.
(Information taken from Telehealth Resource Centers’ Medicare’s Telemedicine/Telehealth Payment Policies https://www.telehealthresourcecenter.org/toolbox-module/medicares-telemedicinetelehealth-payment-policies#current-medicare-policy )
To find out more about reimbursement for telemedicine using SimpleVisit, call us at 877.838.4748
Allie Clark | 10 min read | November 13, 2020In the midst of an unprecedented healthcare crisis, it’s important to be mindful of some of the most vulnerable members in our communities: our seniors. This particular season has been uniquely challenging for older...
Allie Clark | 10 min read | October 28, 2020The lingering uncertainty of the pandemic in America is causing consumers and practitioners to adjust and re-adjust expectations for healthcare delivery. Regulators are changing their stance on privacy and coverage...
Rob Warlick | 5 min read | October 13, 2020Telemedicine has moved beyond intriguing to imperative in a short amount of time. Medical groups across the country are faced with the challenge to build and maintain a successful telemedicine program simply to retain their...